Friday, February 2, 2018

Oh Christmas Words

We're still getting *texty* at Jingle Belles this week ... here is what we made with words:


Stephanie says, "I had to recycle this fun texty Santa image into a new holiday card by mounting it on a vintage dictionary page that contains the word Santa (although it ended-up hidden behind the image).  I finished with some Holly gem embellishments for the Holly Jolly Christmas theme."


Lauren says, "Let's talk rub-on transfers for a second: being less of a stamper, I love the idea that you can place a beautifully executed sentiment or image EXACTLY where you want it and it will attach flawlessly with zero effort or mess. Ok, you can theoretically anyway. In actual fact, even when you have new, brand name product, it's possible that some of your rub-ons will transfer perfectly and some will not. So when I opened these elegant golden words, and wound up with "_OFL" instead of "NOEL" I decided to make the best of it and just scatter them. collage-style, all over two corners of some ledger paper and call it a "design decision". It's not the card I thought I was making, but I like it. There are links to a few more examples of this technique on my blog today, too."

There's still plenty of time to join our texty fun, which we hope you will! Scroll down to the original post to see the glorious readers' gallery and link up your own masterpiece!

2 comments:

Sue Crease said...

Girls I love both of your cards, what a great use of the blackboard style quote and a lovely pink and gold ensemble from you Lauren .
Xx

Marianne said...

Oh, I hadn't had time to admire your cards yet, but I love them both!!!
Marianne x